DATAKOM AVR-8 AVR 8 AVR8 ALTERNATOR VOLTAGE REGULATOR - GENUINE ORIGINAL
AVR-8 is an electronic device which lets the alternator to produce a fixed output voltage.
The sensing loss protection circuit disables the output when there is no voltage on the sensing input.
A ±3V analogue input is provided allowing external voltage adjustment.
The AVR has the facility for droop CT connection, to allow parallel running with other similarly equipped generators.
An overload protection circuit limits the output current to its nominal value, preventing device failure under overload or short circuit condition.
The device has open chassis, resin molded design and is intended to be mounted in the alternator’s terminal box. The unit does not include moving parts; therefore it is able to operate in highly vibrating environments.
The device measures phase to neutral of the alternator and adjusts the DC voltage applied to the excitation winding in order to reach the desired voltage.
The unit offers low-frequency protection feature. A frequency measuring circuit continually monitors the generator output and provides low-frequency protection of the excitation system, by reducing the output voltage proportionally with frequency below 45Hz.
- Half-Wave thyristor output
- Designed for highly vibrating environment
- Built in voltage adjustment
- Stability adjustment
- Compatible with various alternators
- External voltage adjustment trimmer input
- Analogue voltage adjustment input
- Droop input for parallel running
- Sensing input provides phase-phase or phase-neutral control
- Compatible for 50 and 60 Hz
- Low frequency protection
- Exciter over current protection
- High Temperature protection
- Sensing loss protection
- Optional adjustable overload limit